Sarasota County’s Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Department will celebrate the 100-year anniversary of Phillippi Estate Park with a series of free events the weekend:
- CIRCUS! photography show from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 12 and noon to 4 p.m. on Nov. 13: “See a long-lost treasure of vintage color and black-and-white photos featuring the daily routines of Ringling performers on the back lots of the circus,” the release says.
- Dedication of Prodie Shell Midden interpretive signage, 10-11 a.m. on Nov. 12:The new signage describes the archaeological studies conducted along Phillippi Creek and their findings. “Learn about the rich history of the Phillippi property, from the Archaic Period 5,000 years ago to the Manasota encampment on the creek’s shores 2,500 to 1,200 years ago, to Seminole Indian Wars of the 1800s,” the release adds.
- Circus Arts Conservatory Sailor Circus Academy student performances at 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. on Nov. 12, east of the mansion rose garden.
- POLPO Pizza Co, 11 a.m. to 3p.m. on Nov. 12, on the driveway in front of the Edson Keith Mansion.
- Sarasota Concert Band performance, 2-3 p.m. on Nov. 12: “Bring your lawn chairs to the mansion’s back lawn and hear the songs of yesterday, from circus music to John Philip Souza and ragtime,” the release invites the public.
- Circus Arts Conservatory teaching artists/clowns, noon to 4 p.m. on Nov. 13: “Catch them clowning around the park,” the release says.
- Light Chasers, noon to 3 p.m. on Nov. 13: Sarasota’s own plein air painters will be creating, exhibiting and selling their original works of art. A portion of each purchase will be donated to the renovation of the Keith Farmhouse, the release notes.
- Purple Belle ice cream truck, noon to 4 p.m. on Nov. 13, located on the mansion driveway near the Keith Farmhouse.
- Kitt Moran and Mike Moran Jazz Trio, 2-3 p.m. on Nov. 13: “Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy some smooth jazz on the Keith Farmhouse front lawn,” the release says.